I'm Kind of a Big Deal. Just FYI.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More Than A Feeling

So for the last few days I've been driving around in the Range Rover and theMazda Tribute , which is my rental car. Wind blowing through my hair, Journey and Boston blasting through the speakers and my veins. Gotta love More Than A Feeling and Anyway You Want It, which always reminds me of the Saved By The Bell College Years theme song. Odd. Oh, and speaking of Saved By The Bell, saw the episode where Zach and Kelly break up at the dance for the bagillionth time. But, when Slater and Jesse sing the power ballad How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, a tear can't help but come to my eye as I think of Samantha and Michael Bolton's craptastic mullet (Don't be jelly...I miss you all tons and tons. Just and inside joke between me and Saucy). And to conclude the SBTB rant, why is Zach Morris so beautiful? 

Back to driving my big cars...so I've been roaming around Idaho. Seeing fields of green (not to be confused with Erin Field), cows, deer, and lots of stray dogs who like to walk right at your car instead of running away. 

Today as I was driving home I had an epiphany!! I think I need to move to the country, get two big dogs, a big truck and an uberly rugged mountain man who wears flannel. Yeah!! I should totally just be a writer and let my mountain man honey build me fires and maybe even a log cabin. Saucy Samanthers did bring up a good point: rugged mountain men may not be able to love me, seeing as how I'm vegan. Who would cook the venison? But, I ask you this, must mountain man be a hunter? Must he fall in those very restrictive guidelines of mountain man procedure? I think not. I say shame on you for trying to restrict my mountain man, my love, to such rigid protocols. His muscles will be from chopping down trees (of course he will plant two in place of each one he cuts down. Mountain man is an environmentalist!) and lots of vegetable protein! And all you haters are not invited to our lumberjack parties in our log cabin where everyone is required to wear flannel and eat vegan pancakes with maple syrup (a little twist on some QAF fun!)

So I'll be in Idahoooooooo for a few more days. Then off to Canada (probably easier to watch my lame Canadian teen dramas there. Freakin cable!! I miss when I had friends to go out with or coffee shops with hot baristas to read in!) Then I'm off to Fiji, Australia, Kuwait, Mexico and some other places. In the words of the famous Miss Piggy...Yippy Skippy!!

P.S. Funny story for the day...had to take Range Rover to shop to fix slow leak in tire. First the dude was mad at me for pulling up in front of one of the stations. Isn't proper procedure? It's what I've always done and seen done when I get oil changes or go to the shop. He was a wee bit bitchtastic till I got out of the car. Then he was oh so sweet and smooth like honey. He goes away, I pull out my book and start reading. Oh fucking woe is me when I look down to read my book and notice the top 3 buttons on my shirt are undone. How and when did that happen?? Silly, silly Sares. 

3 comments:

Zeus said...

So what I think just happened is that you extrapolated the lives you read about in Jane Austin books, mixed them up with the movie about her and the hotness that is James McAvoy (spelling?)and modernized it to hicks in Idaho. Well done. :) That is what I would call creative blogging...

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Ok, so your mountain man can be vegan. I am a closed-minded bigot who should be denied pancakes. So, so sad.