I'm Kind of a Big Deal. Just FYI.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sares, Seamstress Extraordinare, or How To Stay Busy Whilst Unemployed

How does one pass their time during unemployment? It is imperative to stay busy otherwise your days will just melt into weeks and those will be lost within the months, and pretty soon you will have no idea where your life has gone.

My suggestion is to find a hobby. What hobby has your skill-less friend found, you ask in slight panic. You know her whims often lead to disaster and trouble. But fear not, little one, this hobby is a safe one. No one was harmed, killed or emotionally destroyed in the enactment of her hobby.
Anyway, I have been sewing, very haphazardly. All I really do is cut out shapes and designs and sew them onto cardigans and shirts. It passes the time while all my partners in crime are contributing to society at work and I have been pleasantly surprised at how well some of my creations have turned out.

Here are a few for your viewing pleasure:


"Land of the Lost" T-Shirt I made for Vanessa

Stanley the Stegosaurus DetailingTerrance the T-Rex DetailingAlice in Wonderland Cardigan I Made Myself"Drink Me" Alice"Painting the Roses Plaid"I Used This Sweater Because There Was a Hole In The Back, So I Patched It Up With Hearts"Flower Power" Shirt I made for Steph. Not My Fav, So I Owe Her Another. Possibly a Hulk Shirt? Hands Off, Scott!!Flower Detailing

Bird Detailing


Sorry about the picture quality. One day I will learn how to effectively use a digital camera.









1 comment:

Erika said...

Gorgeous dahling! I think your next career is just under your nose.