I'm Kind of a Big Deal. Just FYI.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Want To Be Roark!

Hello long lost friends. I've been in trouble for not blogging despite there really being nothing overly exciting to write about...but I thought I'd lay down a few thoughts.

If you've been wondering what I've been up to...it's pretty simple. I swim, I read the Fountainhead (I also finished Enduring Love and some lame chick lit that I got at some girly party I went to with Yelena over a year ago), I sew things onto shirts and sweaters (I made Samantha a cute strawberry shirt for her birthday and made Vans a dinosaur shirt just cuz she's awesome. If you'd like a shirt...let me know), I stream movies on Netflix and today I sat in front of the tv for hours on end and watched a marathon of an ABC family channel show called "Greek." Yes, I feel pretty lame for that one. Feel free to point and laugh. I miss not having cable because when I have it I watch it :(

I did have a fun adventure up to LA with Vanessa and Samantha where I was able to partake in the best vegan ice cream...ever. I also helped Ian and Samantha move into their fabulous new house, which is rad even though it's not in Hillcrest...which will once again be my home. I got to hang out with my brother and common law sis and we watched "The Forbidden Zone" which was fantastical. I would tell you to watch it, but you may not have the same appreciation for its wonder as I do. I have not gotten a lot of quality time with Tina, Christa, Yelena or Jessica...so that needs to happen asap, but other than that life's good, yet fairly uneventful. Oh and I miss Michael lots too :(

Here's my thought of the day...I want to be Howard Roark. I want to have the integrity to do things my way and I want to work hard for it. I don't want to be entitled like Peter, nor as manipulative or lazy. I really don't want to go back to the status quo of working life, but I want to find something I am passionate about and be able to do it my way. So lately I've been thinking about my passions. It seems clear and simple. I love film...especially classic cinema. So I've been thinking about getting my masters in film and being a film teacher. Of course, as many of you know, I am as fickle as a pickle. So tomorrow I may want to once again work at a publishing company or be a vegan shoe designer. But, for now...film professor is my goal. Thoughts?

1 comment:

Erika said...

I want a shirt too!!! I think I'd like the Star Ship Enterprise (unless you can find a pic of Commander Riker), or perhaps a pair of reading glasses, because my eyes are too stupid and stubborn to need any.